A bit of a disclaimer

This is only the beginning, i'll get a more comprehensive Profile as time allows. what is more important is the content of the posts, not the ego fulfilling profile---at least for now


I have been stumbling over this part of my profile a while. The question is what will this blog to present to me and all of my readers? The simple answer is politics and opinions o the idiocy that surounds it.

I follow the news in general and politics in particular and have some strong feelings that I want to put out there for every one to read and comment on. I have an out look in life that is rather simple, but I think kind of sophisticated too. My language will not be as multi syllabic as some, nor will my insights be as complicated as others. I am a simple person and have simple thoughts, yet I think sometimes simplicity is a more elegant, and perhaps better, way to to accomplish things.

With this blog I want talk about matters with you and other readers. Perhaps we can see issues in ways that the Know-It-Alls will not. Or maybe we can just entertain ourselves with animated discussion.

I will write about something that has caught my attention---spouting my thoughts and hope others will feel motivated to reply. Sometimes I’ll merely state my take on a subject and throw it out there without trying to prove my point with some one else's words. Other times, if I can find a quote that fits my way of thinking, I’ll use some one else’s opinion.



Monday, March 12, 2018

A ton of bricks...

Yesterday was a slow rainy type of day. I had a couple things I wanted to do, but no real schedule to keep and the sky was gray.

I was flowing from task to task, doing what had to be done: editing pictures, getting ready for Sunday’s post. Trying to figure out how to connect this laptop to the TV and still work on other stuff, and planning, in my mind the next step in filling the shed out back. 

You know, floating around yet accomplishing stuff. 

I stepped outside and looked around when it hit me…this would be a perfect time for a joint. The thought just leaked into my thinking.

I shuck my head, boy, that one hit my brain hard. 

I have not even thought about getting high for ages. (Note here: I have had some beer and even a tequila or two, but that is as far as it goes) I was in a good place in my mind and doing things at my pace and leisure, it just felt right to smoke one. I was thinking that it would “mellow” me out a little, maybe help to loosen my shoulders some.

I did not go out and get high. It was just a passing thought. But it felt so natural. I did  not feel an over whelming urge, just a slight tickle of desire. Yet, why did I get that trigger? And why am I focussing on it now?



olc  

Image result for a smoking joint

No comments:

Post a Comment