A bit of a disclaimer

This is only the beginning, i'll get a more comprehensive Profile as time allows. what is more important is the content of the posts, not the ego fulfilling profile---at least for now


I have been stumbling over this part of my profile a while. The question is what will this blog to present to me and all of my readers? The simple answer is politics and opinions o the idiocy that surounds it.

I follow the news in general and politics in particular and have some strong feelings that I want to put out there for every one to read and comment on. I have an out look in life that is rather simple, but I think kind of sophisticated too. My language will not be as multi syllabic as some, nor will my insights be as complicated as others. I am a simple person and have simple thoughts, yet I think sometimes simplicity is a more elegant, and perhaps better, way to to accomplish things.

With this blog I want talk about matters with you and other readers. Perhaps we can see issues in ways that the Know-It-Alls will not. Or maybe we can just entertain ourselves with animated discussion.

I will write about something that has caught my attention---spouting my thoughts and hope others will feel motivated to reply. Sometimes I’ll merely state my take on a subject and throw it out there without trying to prove my point with some one else's words. Other times, if I can find a quote that fits my way of thinking, I’ll use some one else’s opinion.



Saturday, March 12, 2016

Mom's trip to the hospital

Dad cooked a roasted Boston Butt last Sunday and wanted the Runtyun and me to have half. Yummy, he does Boston Butt good! So, I called late in the afternoon on Monday to let him know I was coming over to collect my prize.

He had just gotten home from a short shopping trip but was ready or me to come by. We kept talking a minute, then I heard a thud and a whimpering groan. Though he does not remember it, Dad said, "Oh no, Mother has fallen," and hung up. 

Ten minutes later, I was at the door. Two Biltmore Police vehicles were outside. I walked into the house to be greeted by an officer who politely asked who I was. I identified myself. The officer enquired of my father if I was who I claimed, again with a smile, yet with an underlying sense of urgency.

Mom had tangled her feet while trying to get to the phone to say hi to me. She was lying on the floor, one shoe across the room the other tangled between her feet. Her arm was twisted in a funny way, but she did not complain of pain. 

She had hit her head and was bleeding a little from the gash. When I asked if she wanted a pillow top support her head, she said no. You wanna know why? Because she did not want to stain it! I got her one but protected it with a wad of tissues.

When the ambulance arrived, my mother was more interested in learning the guys names than her physical condition. "What are your names and why are you here?"

These two EMTs were gentle and understanding. When mom, or me interrupted them they patiently answered our questions, no matter how many times the same question was asked. This is one of the first times I have had dealings with professional emergency technicians and if these guys are any example of the quality of personnel, I think we are all in good hands.

I know a couple of people who work for the Mission Hospital system, most have little good to any about their employer, however every time I have any dealings with them, I am impressed with their skill and compassion.

Here is a picture of her in the ER


Though Mom was relegated to a hallway station in the Emergency Room, she was well taken care of. My only complaint was that Dad, The Runtyun and me could not sit with her. Dad and I had to play tag team in order to sit with her. Maybe it worked best for all, mostly because every half hour or so, Dad and I had to get up and move a little, thus braking the monotony of hospital waiting rooms. The Runtyun had to sit and endure though. She never complained at least not until her phone needed a charge.

After only a few hours, Mom was moved to a room where she would stay the night. She seemed to be handling it pretty well. She gashed her left orbital, right by her temple, pretty well and bruised her left shoulder nicely, but it looked like she had not gotten hurt too badly---no broken bones, what a relief!


More coming.


No comments:

Post a Comment