A bit of a disclaimer

This is only the beginning, i'll get a more comprehensive Profile as time allows. what is more important is the content of the posts, not the ego fulfilling profile---at least for now


I have been stumbling over this part of my profile a while. The question is what will this blog to present to me and all of my readers? The simple answer is politics and opinions o the idiocy that surounds it.

I follow the news in general and politics in particular and have some strong feelings that I want to put out there for every one to read and comment on. I have an out look in life that is rather simple, but I think kind of sophisticated too. My language will not be as multi syllabic as some, nor will my insights be as complicated as others. I am a simple person and have simple thoughts, yet I think sometimes simplicity is a more elegant, and perhaps better, way to to accomplish things.

With this blog I want talk about matters with you and other readers. Perhaps we can see issues in ways that the Know-It-Alls will not. Or maybe we can just entertain ourselves with animated discussion.

I will write about something that has caught my attention---spouting my thoughts and hope others will feel motivated to reply. Sometimes I’ll merely state my take on a subject and throw it out there without trying to prove my point with some one else's words. Other times, if I can find a quote that fits my way of thinking, I’ll use some one else’s opinion.



Sunday, March 13, 2016

Our next step

"We" moved Mom to Stone Creek and she seems to be doing well.

But before I start with that part of the saga, I want to talk about her stay at St. Joseph's.

Last Monday, when she got hurt-fell down-we were confident that everything would work itself out and life would return to our version of normal the next day. Reality began to set in on Tuesday.

When I was finally able to get to the hospital, I found out that she had been moved to another room and floor. The staff on the 8th floor handled my confusion well, I guess they had experience in this sort of thing. I found the 9th floor nursing station and made my way to Mom's room, she was struggling to get out of her bed. This is of course, was a bad thing.

About the time I got there Nancy Harrison, a very good friend of Mom and Dad's came 'a visitin'. Nancy and I were able to calm her down while I explained that maybe she should relax and let her body heal.

I tried explaining that she had been hurt recently and needed to get repaired. However, my mother is a very stubborn person and persisted in trying to get out of her bed. I did not want to force her stay in bed, so I struggled to convince her that very smart people thought she should remain in bed. It is difficult to convince some one to remain some place which they do not want to be and to them is not really.

With Nancy's help, Mom began to relax and we were able to get her settled again.

After all the excitement of getting her settled, Nancy had to go. It was nice to see her, and she was invaluable with her help. 

Mom and I talked some, though it was hard to follow her thread. She was very interested in letting me know her opinion on the coming election. She is not too fond of Donald Trump. And to my surprise she was very critical of President Obama. The points she was making all tracked in a logical way.

I had been there for a long time and needed to get home to my kid and feed her. I felt very fortunate when I saw Dad coming into the room. He and I talked a minute. I let him know about Mom's need to get out of bed. I also said that she was having a hard time realizing where she was.

Both Dad and I were concerned about this. It turns out that our fears were unfounded.

The reality of the situation was beginning to make itself know to me. This is not going to be a couple of days and back to status quo. We may never get back to our normal. 

Though she is struggling to understand what has happened, every day I see improvement. Mom is significantly stronger than Tuesday and Wednesday, both physically and mentally. Our road to recovery will be a long one, maybe to the end, but my mother is doing well. She is an emotionally strong person and an example which I hope to follow. 

olc

No comments:

Post a Comment